US non-immigration Visa types
Visa is for travelers referring with business associates, attending scientific, educational, professional or business conventions/conferences, settling an estate or negotiating contracts.
Recreational journey in nature, including tourism, visits with friends or relatives, medical treatment and activities of a fraternal, social or service nature
United States of America visa process from Pakistan
Non-immigration visa applications are submitted in two cities of Pakistan
- Islamabad (US Embassy)
- It is recommended for people of Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) and Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) to submit their applications in US embassy Islamabad
- Karachi (Consulate)
- People of Balochistan & Sindh to submit applications in consulate general of the United States in Karachi.
Criteria of qualifying for US visa
- US trip is for a temporary visa i.e. Medical treatment, pleasure, or business
- United States stay is for limited period
- Evidence of funds for bearing expenses in US
- Residence outside US plus strong binding economic & social ties, some proof is required to ensure returning from US in the specified time.
Requirements for United States of America Visa
- Appointment letter
- A passport, valid for 6 months
- Visa application confirmation (Printed)
The 5 step US Visa Process
Step 1 Fill Visa Form
Use following link for filling visa form
Step 2 Payment
Go to following link for payment of $160
Step 3 Appointment for US Visa
After submitting the payments, generate an appointment with visa officer on following website
Step 4 Print application form
Print the Application confirmation page from the following link
Take the application confirmation printout, passport appointment letter to embassy or consulate of US. Visa officer will interview you for 3 to 6 minutes, there are three outcomes of this interview.
3 outcomes of US Visa Interview
1 Visa approval
If visa officer is satisfied and approved your case, you will get the visa within a week
2 Visa Administrative Process
In this scenario you must wait till the administrative process gets completed. This process takes time between 3 weeks to 6 months
3 Visa refusal
If visa officer is not satisfied with your interview you will get visa refusal on the spot
Recommended Backup Document for US Visa
Following list of documents is for supporting your case. Visa officer may ask for these documents, don’t show these documents until you are asked to do so
- Bank statement of the last 6 months (Outstanding balance of 3+ Million PKR)
- Marriage Certificate & B-form of children (If applicable)
- Family registration certificate (FRC)
- If you work with a company its covering letter will make your case strong
- If you own a property in Pakistan, its documents
These documents are optional, they are just to make your case stronger. If you are asked to show any on the above listed document, you could show it to the visa officer.
Top 4 tips for USA Visa approval
- Most important aspect in getting US Visa is to satisfy visa officer, true straight forward answers are the key to get US visa on spot.
- Second important point is the reason to travel to US, if the reason is strong and solid probability of getting visa becomes higher
- Travel history of last five years also helps in getting US visa
- Close and strong ties in Pakistan leads towards visa approval. Try to show your marital status, bank statements if they represent strong relation with your country of origin